Friday 18 December 2015

SHARING IS CARING - EXPLORING THE PROCESS

PHOTOS FIND MEANING IN A LABOUR OF LOVE 

I have come to the realization that just posting images is not enough. Sharing with people should involve more than just the final image. It does not reflect the work that I put into all I do and it makes everything look easy because the challenges faced with each project and each photo are hidden behind the pretense that it is simple.
Like everything else, there is nothing simple about photography, especially when the final effect has to be ON, always. There is often a lot of research and deliberation before I start shooting. Finding and assessing various inspirational images, music, poems, ideas and anything that will spark insight into the approach I take with each project is the first matter of business.
In my blog I will try to bring together the various aspects of effort before I pick up my cameras and set up my lights. In effect, I want to share more of the labour of love that goes into the work because this labour of love is the essence of the work and its inner mechanics of soul.
Of course, my first blog post is dedicated to my one and only, the light in my work and the extraordinary artist that fuels my inspiration and passion to exceed myself with each project: Marlet Aguilar.


Cross referencing my Pro Facebook page with this blog:

https://www.facebook.com/SPIRO-Photographer-1398669277094667/

No comments:

Post a Comment