Thursday 17 December 2015

THE GREAT MARLET AGUILAR - MAKEUP ARTIST

FIRST POST - Dedicated to my beautiful wife, Marlet Aguilar

For those who know me and my work, you are used to seeing a lot of studio beauty photos. You also know that the inspiration and expertise is solely attributable to Marlet Aguilar, my most trusted, most relied upon collaborator. Her work graces photo after photo of my work with pure love and an artistry that's uncommon as it is beautiful.

In this beauty inspired portrait of her, I wanted to take the studio to the great outdoors. It has been surprisingly mild for mid December and with the temperatures fluctuating in the high single and low double digits (celsious), I packed my battery powered strobe light with a small softbox onto my ATV to one of the open fields, behind our home.

The sun was starting to set and the colours were just right behind her. I lit her with one softened strobe from the left side, keeping my 100mm lens at 4.5 aperture to blur the background of the tree-line. The result allowed the sun to bring the highlights out in her hair as the face was illuminated by the single strobe, balanced just slightly higher than the background setting to give me that beautiful skin glow.

I am definitely going to be doing more outdoor beauty work, hoping not to clash too much with the perfectionist attitude that Marlet maintains in our other work. I am feeling the need to explore beauty out of the total control of the studio. I want to introduce a bit of chaos in this type of work, something that terrifies Marlet because she insists on perfection achieved only through total control as we can achieve in the studio.

Please comment, let us know your opinions, your impressions and suggestions.

Photo: © SPIRO / Photographer
________________________
WARNING: All my photos are copyrighted and may not be used without permission and credit. When authorized, this image may only be used as a SHARED POST from this page. All other options will be immediately reported and removed.
No edited version or any other use of this image is permitted unless authorized in writing.
Please inbox me for detail
spiro.photo@gmail.com


Marlet Aguilar:
https://www.facebook.com/Marlet-Aguilar-Makeup-Artist-669804569806839/?fref=ts


No comments:

Post a Comment